|Publications & Presentations
1. Chagla A.S., Chhabria N.D: "A study of 200 Cases of Head Injury" - dissertation for M.S. General Surgery; University of Mumbai, 1988.
2. Chagla A.S., Rout D: "Rare Intracranial Neurinomas" presented as 'Poster' in the 39th Annual Conference of Neurological society of India, Indore, 1990.
3. Chagla AS., Rout D: "Intra-arterial Mannitol v/s Intravenous Mannitol to Control Experimentally induced raised Intracranial Pressure in Canine Model" - dissertation for M.Ch. Neuro-surgery; S.C.T.I.M.S.T., Trivandrum, 1991
4. Chagla A S, Misra B K, : "Occulomotor Nerve Schwannoma with Intratumoural Hemorrhage and Delayed Recurrence" - a case report with review of literature of schwannomas arising from nerve innervating the external occulornotor muscles; to be sent to the British Journal of Neurosurgery.
5. Chagla A S: "Intracranial space Occupying Lesions" - a lecture delivered on 24th May, 1994 - Indian Medical Association, Margao, Goa.
6. Chagla A S: "Introduction to Neuro-Imaging Historical Aspect" presented in the 3rd National Neuro-Trauma conference, Mumbai, August 1994.
7. Ramani P S, Chagla A S: "Surgical aspects of Neuro-oncology. Challenging perspectives of newer development" presented at the 16th International Cancer Congress, New Delhi. India, November, 1994.
8. Chagla A S, Rout D: "Intra-arterial mannitol v/s Intravenous mannitol to control experimentally induced raised intracranial pressure in a canine model. A Preliminary report" presented at the 43rd Annual Conference of the Neurological Society of India, Bangalore, December, 1994. The presentation was awarded the Best Original Paper in Neurosurgery.
9. Chagla A S: "Backache." presented as Continuing Medical Education Program for The Indian Medical Association, Bardez, North Goa, December, 1994.
10. Chagla A S: "Intra-carotid mannitol to control raised intracranial pressure during neuro-endovascular procedures: an experimental study. "Proffered paper in interventional radiology presented in the 48th Annual congress of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, AICR, Mumbai, January, 1995
11. Ramani P S, Chagla A S: "Microlumbar discectomy 'state of art' treatment for prolapsed lumbar intervertebral disc." Neurology India 44,102-107,199
12. Chagla A S: '' Cricket and the Mind'' presented at the SS Auditorium, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, organized by the Mumbai Cricket Association of Umpires, All India Association of Scorers and Statisticians and Mumbai Cricket Association of Coaches, Mumbai, May 1996.
13. Chagla A S: '' Stabilization of post traumatic cervical spine.'' International conference on Spinal Surgery; L.T.M.M.C / G.H; Mumbai, August 12-14, 1996.
14. Ramani P S, Chagla A S: ''Microlumbar discectomy.'' Chapter in Text Book of spinal surgery, Edited by Dr. P.S.Ramani, published by department of Neurosurgery, LTMMC/GH, Sion, Mumbai, 1996.
15. Chagla A S: Guest Lecture: ''Vascular lesions of the brain'' - Margaon Surgical Trust, Goa, April 25, 1997.
16. Chagla A S: ''Health for Economically Backward'' Sophia College / Nursery, Mumbai, September 25, 1997.
17. Chagla A S: Platform presentation, Common Session '' Giant Optico-Chiasmatic - Hypothalamic Gliomas - Review of 66 cases'' at 46th Annual NSI conference, Jaipur, December 14, 1997.
18. Bhatjiwale M G, Ramani P S, Chagla A S: '' Aspergilloma - An unusual differential diagnosis for an intradural extramedullary cervical cord tumour in a healthy man. Neurology India 45, No.4. 266-268, December 1997.
19. Chagla A S: “Cricket is a way of life” Chapter in Lord Harris Shield Cricket Tournament: Commemoration Volume, 1897-1997. Edited by Sunder Rajan; published by The Marine Sports, Mumbai
20. Chagla A S: Guest Lecture titled ‘Tethered Cord Syndrome’ as part of the symposium on Spina Bifida organised by B J Wadia Hospital for Children at Parel on 13th November ’98.
21. Chagla A S: Presented a paper titled Optico-chiasmatic-hypothalamic gliomas: a review of 66 cases presented at the Staff Research Society meeting at Dr. Pandya’s farewell in March’98.
22. Chagla A S: Presented a talk on ‘Health for the socio-economically backward’ at the Sophiya College for the Balwadi parents in Sept.’98.
23. Chagla A S: Presented a Platform presentation titled ‘Management Dilemmas in Pineal Region Tumours: a review of 60 cases’ at the 47th Annual Conference of the NSI at Thiruvananthapuram organized by Trivandrum Medical College from 17th to 20th Dec.’98.
24. Chagla A S: Presented a paper titled “Surgical approaches to the orbit: a review of 82 cases” presented at the 5th Asia Oceanic Congress of Skull Base Surgery at Mumbai, Nov. ‘99.
25. Chagla A S: Presented a paper titled “Paediatric orbital tumours: ‘How we do it’ a review of 34 cases” presented at the Indian Paediatric Conference at Hyderabad, Dec.’99.
26. Chagla A S: Presented a paper titled “A review of 102 cases of orbital tumours” presented at the 49th Annual Conference of the Neurological Society Of India at Hyderabad, Dec.’99. Presented “Pineal region tumours: Surgical approaches - Pros and Cons” at the Neurosurgery Review 2000 August 31st, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan.
27. Muzumdar D.P, Chagla A.S, Goel A: Acoustic schwannoma and arachnoid cyst collocated in the cerebellopontine angle – case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 2000 Apr 40 (4) 230-3
28. Chagla A S: Presented “Orbital Tumours” at the Neurosurgery Review 2000 August 30th, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan.
29. Chagla A S : Presented “Orbital Tumours: An Overview” At NIMHANS, Bangalore – Invited Lecture; May 2001
30. Chagla A S: Presented Pineal Region Tumours, SILVERMAN, SCTIMST, Trivandrum 2001
31. Chagla A S: Orbital Tumours A study of 102 cases, SILVERMAN, SCTIMST, Trivandrum 2001
32. Chagla A S: Presented Ram Ginde and the beginnings of Neurosurgery as a super-speciality in ‘Mumbai’ at NEUROCON 2001, Mumbai
33. Chagla A S: Presented Micro lateral Orbitotomy: Variations in Technique and Applications: 28 cases at NEUROCON 2001, Mumbai
34. Chagla A S: Presented as Poster Distal Anterior Cerebral Artery Aneurysm: A analysis of 14 cases over a six year period at NEUROCON 2001, Mumbai
35. Chagla A S , Muzumdar D: Retrograde Cerebrospinal fluid Metastasis in a Vermian Medulloblastoma: Letter to the Editor, Neurology India, 49 Dec 2001 pg 415
36. Chagla A.S, Muzumdar D.P, Goel A, Desai K: Cholestrol granuloma in the middle fossa presenting 30 years after surgery for chronic otitis media: a case report. J. Clin Neurosci 2002 Jul: 9 (4): 447-50.
37. Chagla A S, Sateesh: Presented Surgical outcome of 30 cases of Craniopharyngioma: fronto temporal approach at PAEDICON 2002, Bangalore ISPN Nov. 1-3
38. Chagla A S: Participated in the CME conducted by the International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery at PAEDICON 2002, Bangalore ISPN Nov. 1-3
39. Chagla A S: Guest Lecture: Mumbai, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Nov. 15; “Brain tumours” Mumbai 2002
40. Chagla A S: “Orbital Tumours” Micro lateral orbitotomy in the Staff Society KEM, 2002 Awarded Best Paper
41. Chagla A S: Lecture on “Neurosurgical Infections” Certificate Course in Hospital Infection Control for Medical and Nursing Faculty, 10th Feb 2003 at the Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai
42. Chagla A S: Presented “Orbital Tumors” Micro lateral orbitotomy at the North American Skull Base Meeting, Memphis, Tennessee, USA, Feb 2003
43. Chagla A S: Presented MVD for Trigeminal Neuralgia: Technique and Results at the 6th National Conference of Indian Society for Stereotaxy and Functional Neurosurgery, Mumbai, 18th & 19th Oct. 2003
44. Chagla A S: Presented Excision of Colloid Cyst of the Third Ventricle: Transcallosal approach- outcome in 53 consecutive cases over the past six years, 52nd Annual Conference of the Neurological Society of India, Chandigarh, 12th to 15th Dec. 2003
45. Chagla A S: Lecture on “Neurosurgical Infections” Certificate Course in Hospital Infection Control for Medical and Nursing Faculty, March 2004 at the Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai
46. Chagla A S: Ginde Oration 8th & 9th May 2004, Mumbai Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai
47. Chagla A S: Guest Speaker- Micro lateral orbitotomy- Eye Advance 2004, 26th to 29th August 2004, Mumbai
48. Chagla A S: Presented MVD on Trigeminal Neuralgia at Stereocon 2004, 29th & 30th Sept 2004, Bangalore
49. Chagla A S: “How I do it” presentation on Craniopharyngiomas at the 15th Annual Conference of The Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery, 1st & 2nd Oct 2004, Chennai
50. Chagla A S: Surgical Approaches to Paediatric orbital tumours: A review of 50 cases at the 15th Annual Conference of The Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery, 1st & 2nd Oct 2004, Chennai “Awarded The Best Original Paper”
51. Chagla A S: Lecture on “Neurosurgical Infections” at the 3rd Certificate Course in Hospital. Infection Control, 1st February 2005, Tata Memorial Hospital.
52. Chagla A, Muzumdar D, Goel A: Endodermal cyst anterior and antero lateral to the brain stem: a report of an experience with seven cases, Br J Neurosurg. 2005 Apr, 19 (2): 163-6.
53. Chagla A S: Craniopharyngioma: Do we have the answer. : 6th Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons, 26th to 29th January 2006, P. D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai
54. Chagla A.S: Lecture on “Neurosurgical Infections” at the 4th Certificate Course in “Hospital Infection Control”, 1st February 2006, Tata Memorial Hospital.
55. Chagla A.S: Presentation at the ‘1st Sugita Video Symposium’ The 17th North American Skull Base Society Annual Meeting, 16th to 19th February 2006, Phoenix, Arizona.
56. Chagla A.S: Presented a paper on “Micro Lateral Orbitotomy” The 17th North American Skull Base Society Annual Meeting, 16th to 19th February 2006, Phoenix, Arizona.
57. Chagla A.S: Neurosurgery Update 2006 - Poster Presentation, “Youngest ever case reported in Intramedullary Tuberculoma” and Neuro Endoscopy Workshop, 15th to 17th April 2006, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
58. Chagla A.S: Presented a paper on MCA aneurysms – “From argument to agreement”, Lessons learnt in a personal series of 54 MCA aneurysms operated over the past seven years, “Neurovas 2006”, 6th Annual Meeting of the Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery, 8th to 10th September 2006, New Delhi.
59. Chagla A.S: Presentation on Spinal Cord Tumors, Basic Spine Workshop, 29th November 2006, organized by the Orthopedic Department, K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai
60. Chagla A.S: Lectures for the nursing staff on Head Injury, Brain Abscess, Brain and Spinal Cord tumors, 14th, 21st and 28th November 2006, SNDT University, Mumbai
61. Chagla A.S: Lecture on “ Neurosurgical Infections: at the 5th Certificate Course in “Hospital Infection Control”, 1st December 2006, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
62. Chagla A.S, Udaykumaran S, Balasubramaniam S: Cervical intramedullary tuberculoma in an infant, J Neurosurg 106:000, 2007
63. Chagla A.S: Lecture on “Approaches to the orbit”, Continuing Medical Education Programme of Mumbai Neuroscientists Association & Maharashtra Chapter of Neurosurgeons, 15th April 2007, Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai.
64. Chagla A.S: Lecture on “Orbital Tumors”, Roosevelt Hospital, New York, U.S.A, 2nd May 2007.
65. Chagla A.S: Talk on ‘Orbit and microlateral orbitotomy and other approaches to orbital tumors’, 16th may 2007, Irvine University Medical Center, U.S.A.
66. Chagla A.S: Presented a paper on ‘Orbital tumors’, Mumbai Neurosciences Association, 24th June 2007, Mayfair Rooms, Mumbai.
67. Chagla A.S: Guest Lecture, ‘Surgical approaches to the orbit’, XVth Annual Conference of Mumbai Ophthalmologists Association “Focus 2007: Eye Lux”, 28th-30th September 2007, ITC Grand Maratha Sheraton & Hyatt Regency, Mumbai.
68. Chagla A.S: Faculty ‘Skull base approach to difficult aneurysms’, 24th- 28th October 2007, 9th Annual Conference of Skull Base Surgery Society of India, International Skull Base CME and WFNS Microsurgery and Endoscopy Skull Base Cadaver Workshop, AIIMS, New Delhi.
69. Chagla A.S: Lectures for the nursing staff on Brain and spinal cord tumours, Brain Abscess, and CNS infections, 27th November and 4th December 2007, SNDT University, Mumbai.
70. Chagla A. S.: A lecture on ‘Skull base Approaches to difficult Aneurysms’ at the Roosevelt Hospital, New York, on 23rd April, 2008.
71. Chagla A. S.: A lecture on ‘Skull base Approaches to difficult Aneurysms’ at the Roosevelt Hospital, New York, on 23rd April, 2008.
72. Chagla A. S.: ‘Skull base approaches to difficult Aneurysms’ – a lecture at Little Rock, U.S.A. on 6th May, 2008.
73. Chagla A. S.: ‘Skull base approaches to difficult Aneurysms’ – a lecture at Semmes-Merphey Neurologic and Spine Institute, Memphis , U.S.A on 9th May, 2008.
74. Chagla A. S was honored as a Brain Spine Foundation Scholar and invited to Boston for the International meeting on Meningiomas and Cerebral Venous System in Sept 2008
75. Chagla A. S: Presentation on ‘Into the Brain’ organized by Rotary club, Bay view 2008.
76. Chagla A S: Presentation on ‘Intraventricular Aneurysms’, Boston 2008.
77. Chagla A S: Presentation on ‘Complex Meningiomas’, Boston 2008.
78. Chagla A S: Presentation on ‘Traumatic Intracranial Aneurysms’, Neurotrauma 22nd Aug. 2008.
79. Chagla A. S: Presentation on ‘Total surgical excision of clivial chordoma using routine lateral suboccipital retro sigmoid craniectomy’, Boston 2009.
80. Chagla A, Kansal R, Srikant. Polytetrafluoroethylene sponge syringosubarachnoid shunt Source Seth G.S. Medical College @ K.E.M. Hospital.
81. Goel A, Muzumdar D, Nadkarni T, Desai K, Dange N, Chagla A Retrospective analysis of peripheral nerve sheath tumors of the second cervical nerve root in 60 surgically treated patients 2008 Feb..J Neurosurg Spine. 2008 Feb;8(2):129-34.
82. .Chagla AS, Balasubramaniam S, Goel AH. A massive Cervico-medullary intramedullary spinal cord lipoma. . J Clin Neurosci. 2008 Jul;15(7):817-20. Epub 200. Department of Neurosurgery, KEM Hospital and Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012, India.
83. Mahore A, Muzumdar D, Chagla A, Goel A. Pure ventral midline long segment schwannoma of the Cervico-dorsal spine: a case report. : Turk Neurosurg. 2009 Jul;19(3):302-5.. Department of Neurosurgery, Seth G.S. Medical College & King Edward, Mumbai, India.
84. Mahore A, Chagla A, Goel A. Seeding metastases of a benign intraventricular meningioma along the surgical track..J Clin Neurosci. 2010 Feb;17(2):253-5. Epub 2009 Dec 29.
85. Chagla A.S, Bhaganagare A, Kansal R, Tyagi D. Complete recovery of visual loss following surgical treatment of mucopyocele of the anterior clinoid process. J Clin Neurosci.2010May;17(5):670-2. Epub 2010 Mar 12. :
86. Mahore A, Chagla A, Goel A Giant ventral midline schwannoma of cervical spine : agonies and nuances..J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2010 Jun;47(6):454-7. Epub 2010 Jun 30. :104.
87. Chagla A S.: Presentation on ‘Pediatric Orbital Tumors’, Hyderabad 2010.
88. Chagla A.S, Kansal R, Srikant B Polytetrafluoroethylene sponge syringosubarachnoid shunt.. Turk Neurosurg. 2011 ;21(3):443-5. doi: 10.5137/1019-5149.JTN.3019-10.1. .
89. Chagla A S: Lecture on ‘Trigeminal Neuralgia’, 12th Conference of MP state Association of Neurosciences, NEUROCON M P 11th March 2011, Indore.
90. Chagla A S: Lecture on ‘Orbital Tumors’, ISNOCON annual conference, 2011, Calcutta.
91. Chagla A S: Traumatic Aneurysms Guest Lecture for the 11th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery & Pre-Conference International CME, Live Neurosurgery and Neurointervention Workshops 6th - 9th October, 2011 at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
92. Chagla A S: ‘Skull base approaches to difficult Aneurysms’ Video Presentation vascular workshop and the 11th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery 6th - 9th October, 2011 at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
93. Chagla A S: Presentation on ‘Technique of Multiple “micro” myelotomies for Intramedullary tumors: experience with 24 cases at ISPN 19th October 2011 Goa.
94. Chagla A S: Surgical out come in 65 consecutive cases of pediatric craniopharyngiomas: An evaluation of Fronto-Temporal basal approach. E – poster. October 2011 I S P N Goa
95. Chagla A S: Surgical Approaches to the Orbit: A Study of 33 cases.. E – poster. October 2011 I S P N Goa
96. Chagla A S: Lecture on, ‘ Surgery for intramedullary tumors : An innovative technique using micromyelotomies’, XXVII National conference on Marine Medicine and Allied Sciences 23rd October 2011. Ashwini, Mumbai